Due to lack of moisturizer our heels crack and these cracks are very painful and sometimes even bleed. When our skins become excessively dry, feet quite easily split into cracks and permit bacteria of viral infections into our bodies. When this happens bacteria get enough room to multiply themselves, hence spreading the disease from the infected area to other parts of the bodies quite rapidly.
Some Major Reasons Why Dry Skins Occur
Dry skins mostly occur:
1. Due to lack of water in our bodies. Our bodies may suffer this problem because of insufficient amount of water intake. Dehydration, etc. are some other results of lack of water in our bodies.
2. Un-moisturized feet for long durations.
3. Soaking feet in hot water for quite a long time.
4. Cold winter winds.
5. Scrubbing and applying harsh, dry soaps.
One important thing that one should keep in mind is that diabetes and obesity are the two biggest risk issues for cracked heels.
Some Foot Creams Helpful in Curing Cracks and Dry Skin
1. L'Occitane Creme Pieds, Beurre de Karitè (Shea Butter Foot Cream), 5.2-Ounce Tube.
List Price: $25.00
As the name implies, key ingredient in this is Shea butter, provides moisture to your exhausted, dry or cracked heels.
2. Miracle of Aloe Miracle Foot Repair Cream 4 Oz.
List Price: $12.99
Key ingredient to this product is Aloe Vera and is famous for its curative, moisturizing, and inflammation plummeting assets. It is also safe for people suffering from diabetes. It comes with a refreshing peppermint perfume.
3. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream 2 Oz.
List Price: $4.47
This product renovates damaged skin.
4. O'Keeffe's Healthy Feet Cream 3.2 Oz. Jar.
List Price: $6.99
This product is for those who look for something that works even on calluses by alleviating them.
5. Philosophy Soul Owner Exfoliating Foot Cream, 3.3 Oz.
List Price: $14.00
This is for those feet that need a bit of buff. This removes old skin, enlightens a fresh layer beneath. Scent of this cream is quite refreshing as well.
6. Himalaya Ayurvedic Foot Crack Cream.
Price : $ 1.95
It is an Ayurvedic remedy. It is absolutely safe and nontoxic to use. Himalaya Ayurvedic Foot Crack Cream is useful for elimination of cracked heels. Key ingredients are Shala, Honey, Turmeric, Fenugreek and Ginger.
7. Natural Herbal Foot Cream with Aloe Vira.
Price: $ 9.95
Key ingredients: Sorbitol, Aloe-Vera, Menthol, Paraguay TEA, Rose Hips Oil, Allantoin, VitaminE, Fragance, Peppermint, Safflower Oil, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate PEG, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5.